ICMA Mission Statement
The mission of ICMA is to promote resilient well-functioning international and globally coherent debt securities markets, which are essential to fund sustainable economic growth and development.
In pursuit of its mission, ICMA is committed to:
- building trust in capital markets by promoting internationally accepted standards of best practice through the development of appropriate, broadly accepted guidelines, rules, recommendations and standard documentation to maintain and enhance cross-border issuing, trading and investing in debt securities
- engaging with official institutions and regulators, providing them with market expertise and technical knowledge across all ICMA’s core areas, ensuring that financial services regulation promotes resilient and efficient international capital markets
- encouraging information flows and dialogue between all participants in the international capital markets: issuers, intermediaries, asset managers and investors, and service providers, including trading platforms, clearing houses and law firms
- contributing to the development of sustainable finance through the capital markets
- improving market efficiencies and interoperability, taking a leading role in the digital transformation of capital markets
- providing networking opportunities for capital market participants through conferences, seminars, roundtables and other events
- promoting high professional standards by providing training and education opportunities
ICMA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Framework
ICMA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment within our industry and at ICMA, including its Board, Executive Committee and staff.
As an equal opportunity membership association, we recognise that there is more we can achieve to promote active inclusivity. We will work with our members and the industry to show the value that a diverse workforce brings.
The purpose of this framework is to promote inclusion, respect, and fairness for all within ICMA’s staff and membership and to ensure that we do not discriminate on the grounds of age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation; or any other protected status.
This means creating a workplace which is fair, safe, accessible, and inclusive, where everyone feels that they belong, that they have a voice, and they can thrive and succeed.
ICMA’s commitment is to:
- foster an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and members are recognised and valued
- create and maintain an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all with no form of bias, intimidation, bullying or harassment tolerated
- ensure that training, development, and progression opportunities will be available to all staff
- promote the fact that diversity and inclusion in the workplace is good management practice, makes sound business sense, and is a fundamental principle that businesses and other organisations should embrace to reach their full potential
- assure that our hiring and recruitment practices will evidence our efforts in enhancing diversity
- monitor and review this framework on an on-going basis
Read Diversity, equity and inclusion at ICMA, by Katie Kelly.
"Our goal is that our staff and membership will be truly representative of diverse sections of society, and each feels respected and able to give their best." Bryan Pascoe, Chief Executive